PRINCESS PREP is not an etiquette course or a finishing school - but we do believe basic civility is important and we incorporate this thinking into our programs.
Manners are not about being superior to others, but about making those around you feel comfortable. Whether it’s dinner at a restaurant with grandparents or lunch at a friend’s house, simple etiquette skills give girls the confidence to handle any situation, putting themselves and those around them at ease.
For this reason, we offer mini etiquette lessons on:
- Proper introductions, giving and receiving compliments, including others
- Smiling and good posture – including how to walk with a book (or crown!) on your head
- Table Manners – elbows, napkins, appropriate conversation etc
- Understanding place settings – what everything is and when to use it
- American and Continental dining styles
- Sipping Soup
- Using the bread plate
- Pouring and serving tea properly
- The importance of thank you notes
- Meeting royalty – how to behave with the Queen and royal family (including how to curtsey) - because you never
know when your paths might cross!